View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #14
Phantasm

Default Re: Palladium Splicers to Gurps

One other thing to remember is that Palladium SDC/MDC is ablative, due to the quirks of the system. In Palladium, you have to whittle a 20 MDC piece of armor to 0 before any of the damage affects the wearer; on the other side of things 1 MDC equals 100 SDC, and most PCs have SDC/HP values far less than that. My one Juicer had 460 SDC and 34 HP; yeah, he could take one maybe two hits from a laser pistol or vibro-knife, but anything more and he's a fine red mist. And Juicers are an extreme example. My CS Technical Officer had 15 HP and 28 SDC; any mega-damage that got through his 80 MDC Dead Boy armor would vaporize him.

The same characters in GURPS would have 20-25 HP for the Juicer (the Juicer might have up to 5 DR with Tough Skin) and 10-12 HP for the Tech Officer, but they'd still survive laser pistols doing 2d+2 (2) burn. Also, armor DR in GURPS is a different beast than Palladium's SDC/MDC. DR in GURPS is not ablative unless otherwise noted, and DR is subtracted from the damage done before being applied to the target's HP.

If you're doing mega-damage, my best tip is to treat the "mega" portion as an armor divisor rather than a x100.

If you're looking for numerical system to system conversions... can't help you. Such things are actually against Palladium's policy, and I believe policy here is to discourage such things to not draw Palladium's ire. (Not that attribute scores below 16 actually matter in Palladium anyway; there's no bonuses or penalties for those.) In my experience, it's best to convert the feel, not the numbers.

Clear as mud?

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote