View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
Phantasm

Default Re: Palladium Splicers to Gurps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
They're organic mecha worn by humans mostly. Basically like the Guyver and some similar fictional constructs. The Pulver article I referenced is a definitive source for how to build them in Gurps.
I'll have to look at it. That's basically what I was looking for originally, some idea of what this stuff was. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin
Direct numerical conversions from Palladium stats to Gurps is probably hopeless in this case due to lack of benchmarks. You'd have to decide what you _wanted_ some particular arbitrary Palladium number to mean in the sort of Real world-based numbers Gurps tends to use.

It might make more sense to build the Gurps version to match the art rather than the write up.
Converting the numbers is pretty much hopeless in all cases. ;)

In my own conversions, I basically decided "okay, this item should be able to resist the typical pistol/rifle/tank gun/missile/what have you", and craft the numbers from there, using UT's TL10 lasers as a base. It's a coin-flip as to whether "MDC" (a term which often gets used ICly as well as OOCly; I don't think half the writers at Palladium know how or care to separate the stats from the world) armor is hardened or just twice the value.

Just knowing what it is meant to go up against is a big help in any case.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote