View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: new to munchkin,some questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirshush View Post
hello all
sorry if i didnt saw that if the faq or something.. but i mnew to munchkins and i've got some questions which i didnt understood from the rules:
1: how can you die (i mean not just got your level down by 1,actually die)
2: if iwant to sell stuff for gold, when during my turn im doing it?
3: kinda not got the whole "fighting againts 2 monsters" kind of battle.
ill be glad if you'll answer my question.
thank you and have a good day.
Greetings. In the future, please try to keep your questions to one per thread, if you can. It's okay to group related questions together. It helps us find our rulings, and helps other people when they search.

So, to answer your questions:
  1. You die when a card tells you that you die. Usually, this is because of the Bad Stuff of a Monster, which means that if you're trying to Run Away from a Monster and fail, and that Monsters Bad Stuff says you die, then you die. Some other cards might also make that happen, but Monster Bad Stuff is the most common way.
  2. You can sell at any time during your turn that you're not in combat. The most common times for that are before you kick open the door, and after combat. However, if you didn't have combat, you can still sell Items.
  3. Your third question is a pretty broad question, so I'll try to hit the most important points. If you can point out to anything specific you didn't understand, please let me know. So, when you fight 2 or more Monsters, you must defeat their combined combat strength. Combat strength is defined in the rules as Level + bonuses - penalties. A simple example would be fighting a Level 12 Monster, a Level 3 Monster and a Level 1 Monster. The combat strength for the Monster side is 16. That means that your combat strength must be greater than 16 to kill the Monsters. If you do kill the Monsters, you would get the Level and Treasure rewards for each Monster. Now, if your combat strength is 16 or less, and you can't find a way to change that, you lose the combat, you must Run Away from each Monster, separately. In the example I gave, that means you must roll 3 times to Run Away, and each time you must say which Monster you are Running Away from.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote