View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #18
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: How to design a super power that makes people vomit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
I like your build but if they have to see the face I'd do a smaller AOE without Emanation and give it the -20% limitation from striker for forward attacking only. That way it's possible to come up behind them without being affected.
It needs to be an emanation the user can "throw" the effect around corners and so forth. Emanation keeps it centered on the face. The -20% limitation for forward only is excellent. I'd also replace "Contact Agent" with "Sight Based", which does penetrate armor, for an essentially identical cost. The note about making it smaller is an interesting question, and one the OP will have to think about: from how far away does the effect work. Selective area is in appropriate. Its not easy to control, and the manner in which it can be controlled is due to a +150% enhancement, which I think counts as paying for the ability. I also would drop no signature: I think its obvious what's happening, though your mileage may vary.

I'm not sure if this attack should be considered "dangerous to others". Danger is not limited to effects that kill. This is fairly easy to conceal, so I went with the simple -10%.

So here is my version:

Affliction (Area Effect, 32 yards, +250%; Vision-Based, +150%; Emanation, -20%; Nauseated, +30%; Retching, +50%, always on -10%) [55]

Note that like many afflictions and powers, multiplicative multipliers gives a much more generous discount for the fairly onerous limitations, making the power cost [41]

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote