View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #36
sn0wball

Default Re: Why Germany Matters

As a general suggestion, what I missed from time to time in THS sourcebooks, are specific conflicts, which provide adventure hooks and not only general conflicts, which provide background information. FW is a good example of this. The author(s) seemed to be a bit too focused on writing a political and futurological treatise (and excelling at that job, that is!), but not so much a roleplaying game sourcebook. Take for example the old 3e GURPS Fantasy. While of course not of the quality of modern THS products, with every region of Yrth it described, it hinted at some specific conflict or mystery going on there, in which the PCs would surely be involved in. I missed stuff like that in books as FW.

So, I´d like to read about the Bioroid Ripper of Braunschweig, the series of Zeppelin thefts in Friedrichshafen, the attempts to sabotage to reconstruction of the Cologne Cathedral, nearly destroyed in an as yet unsolved terrorist attack and the mysterious hauntings at the construction site of Burg Falkenstein, König Ludwig IIs unrealised pet project.

Good luck in your endeavour, anyhow.