Thread: Embiggening Ray
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 09:36 PM   #3
Malkavman

Default Re: Embiggening Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post

If the monster was not squished during the fight (but only because of the increased Life total from the Mischief), its Life will drop down to zero or less once the fight ends and the Ray's ability ends. However, This is the same step (End of the Fight, 1) where a Survivor ability would also activate. Since the resolution would be simultaneous, the active player could choose to resolve the Survivor ability (and thus its check to see if the monster survived) before choosing to resolve the Embiggening Ray's ability end. In which case, the monster would still be meeting the definition of Survive, enabling its Survivor ability. It will soon be squished though, once the Ray's effect ends.
If the Survivor ability in question is to turn into a bleed effect, it is not squished, though, as it is now a Curse, and not a monster, correct?

And if the Survivor ability removes the monster from the game, choosing for it to be squished first instead would cause it to merely be discarded instead of exiled, correct?

Just asking because both of these specific examples are waiting on answers in the comments section of my Youtube channel. :-)

"I wouldn't even take a whiz on this! I used to DREAM of taking a whiz on this!" - The Monarch
Malkavman is offline   Reply With Quote