View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 10:17 AM   #19
Tomsdad

Default Re: High tech armor vs Ultra-tech armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
The pyramid article gives the values as fraction of "max DR" or the material, but the result categories are the same.
The rule in HT/LT gives you a very specific holdout penalty as a result of dividing DR by 3. In the case of the stuff in question this is -11 (bu get a +4 back due to the specific item bonus in the write up).

But the values given in the article are not penalties but rather general references to equivalent clothing type. i.e, there not values but rather descriptions. e.g "unconcealable heavy clothing", "outer clothing" "T-shirts", "dainty unmentionables"

These to me are not very similar end results just in terms of how the result in expressed.

I guess you could argue that -7 on hold out is somewhere between the first two categories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
As written it cannot be made of any of the materials as there is no material that gives lower value only vs crush.

But the HT description makes it to be Titanium Composite Scale in the article terms. Covering just the chest gives 1.155 lb/DR point or DR 15 and a base cost of 3466. The armor would be concealable under clothing or pass as ordinary civilian outerwear.

So the armor value is very wrong, but a 17lb Titanium Composite Scale would result in a concealable armor.

A 40lb DR 35 vest of the same material would be in the only heavy clothing conceal category.
Cool cheers, (Titanium Composite Scale is in the HT article right?) as you say the two don't match up in performance anyway.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote