View Single Post
Old 08-24-2004, 10:20 PM   #6
cmdicely

Default Re: How can I get Shadowrun Riggers in GURPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzalisk
In 3rd Edition GURPS Vehicles (and Mecha and Ultratech 2) allow a Neural Interface Port to be used as a vehicle control console. The Standard GURPS Neural Interface Port provided +4 to all skill rolls whilst using it to control a vehicle (although UT2 had rules for giving a smaller bonus, and THS later ruled that a direct neural link give no bonus to using vehicles).

As for remotely controling systems - THS gives rules for `Telepresence', which is controling a remote drone via a VR rig (either neural or not) - and applies a slight penalty to all skill rolls due to not actualy being there (and a further penalty due to light-lag over significant distances, but that's probably not relevant to your question). Dropping the penalty and replacing it with the +4 bonus mentioned above might well help to simulate Shadowrun better.
These are also in one of the Vehicles Expansions (VEX2, I think) which may be more useful for non-THS game.

EDIT: I wanted to add, Vehicles and the two Vehicles Expansions are something you might want to seriously look at for a cyberpunk game, recognizing that there are going to be some 3e->4e issues.

Last edited by cmdicely; 08-24-2004 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Adding more...
cmdicely is offline   Reply With Quote