View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #57
PK

Default Re: Designer's Notes for the Dungeon Fantasy RPG bonus content

Bonus Character #2:
Amira Tiro

(Introduced in this Kickstarter update for backers only!)

I enjoy breaking stereotypes, including the ideas that half-ogres are uncouth rabble and that all fantasy women must be supermodels who rely on "waif fu" rather than brute strength. Amira is a genuinely good person whose biggest character flaws come from her cloistered upbringing.

(I also feel that, like bards, martial artists are the hardest delvers to "get right" and make effective, which is why those are the two templates I tackled.)

As Amira's player, I'd spend her first earned character points on Smallsword and Parry Missile Weapons, then try to talk the GM into letting me take Enhanced Parry 2 (Smallsword) instead of (Unarmed); her Dodge is great as-is, but her Parry has the potential to be incredible. After that, Weapon Master (Short Staff) gives 2d+5 damage and Mantis Strike bumps that to a terrifying 3d+5! Amira doesn't need fancy weapons, but she should save up for a suit of heavy plate with Fortify +1 and Lighten 50% (DR 8, $20,000, 36 lbs.), granting her total DR 11 with no increase in encumbrance.

(Her pie-in-the-sky dream armor would be fine, Dwarven, epic plate with Fortify +2 and Lighten 50%. It's +4 DR at the same weight . . . but at $182,000, that won't be happening anytime soon.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote