View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 03:58 AM   #18
exalted

Default Re: Do you have any special rules/restrictions to regulate character advancement paci

Why would you ever limit yourself to strict rules per session or campaign without looking at the context of the game. I've had sessions lasting a few hours of in-game time and those lasting for months or even years. In some sessions the players accomplish nothing of note in others they cast kingdoms into ruin or defeat dark gods.

What I usually give out is gurps equivalent to 5-7 points (my tweeks make high stats and some other stuff much more expensive) per sessions with more for particularly impressive feats or endings of important arcs. But that is for basically young demi-gods. When doing more realistic campaigns it might be less but I and the players I GM for like there to be noticable advancement or we lose interest in longer campaigns. Giving fairly generously also allows for wider competency and narrow interests that aren't useful that often.

Strict rule whatever I GM however is that everyone gets more or less the same XP, very small rewards are ok but anything else eventually causes problems either with one or more player or with charcter balance.

Last edited by exalted; 02-12-2018 at 04:08 AM.
exalted is offline   Reply With Quote