View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 08:18 AM   #46
Tomsdad

Default Re: [Cutting-Edge Armor Design] Real World SCA-legal Armour and Ballistics Armour

Sorry one quick response to one point you made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post

I very much doubt that the couple of million dollars that are the upper bound of what Vargas is likely to have spent is likely to interest some really huge place. Especially as this would have been a hobby project over several years, not a big check with that number on it from the start....
Yes sorry I should have been clear the $2m figure is more what I estimate would be the company I work for's "huh ok sound interesting let's start thinking about how this would work" figure.

I not sure how it would scale really, a bigger place might ask for more if the interfered with business was greater, but equally such a larger company many be in a position to do this without effecting as much of their own ongoing business as mine would.

a couple of points though,

1) the biggest issue for someone calling us and and suggesting this would be that we'd simply not believe it was a real thing, and short of dumping a chunk of money in our account it would be hard to prove otherwise.

2). we most certainly wouldn't be interested in that money/project being spread over a long term like years.

3). Ultimately because none of the owners* of the company are huge medieval armour buffs the attitude would be, "OK look this chap's got money and we like enthusiastic customers with money, but this project is hassle and headache and takes us out of our professional comfort zone (as well as possibly private comfort zones!)". So it would very much be on our terms and over as quickly as feasibly possible .

Well unless the market for this spec fo plate armour suddenly explodes!

*sadly the finance manager bouncing up and down in excitement would not get the casting vote on this ;-)!

Last edited by Tomsdad; 02-08-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote