View Single Post
Old 11-07-2016, 06:48 PM   #24
wolf90

Default Re: Kickstarter - Ogre Miniatures Set 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
I see most people opting for multiple sets -- would a single $30 set only allow for the most basic scenarios?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranitePenguin View Post
Yes. It would field enough for a generic Mark III scenario. There aren't enough to even do a Mark V scenario in one set with any variation. You can do it, but you get no options. You have to basically use everything in the box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
You wouldn't be able to try out different combinations of units. No 4-howitzer defense or all heavy-tank defense. And there's a scenario that has two Mk IIIs.

To really tinker with the game's mechanics, I think you need two or perhaps three sets. It's playable with one set, but I bet you'll want more than one set pretty quickly.
If we hit all of the posted stretch goals, you should be able to play many variations of the Mark V scenario (including a 4-HWTZ defense). Are there niche options such as all HVY that won't be covered? - sure. But I think if we can get this to 8 GEV - 8 HVY - 6 MSL - 4 HWTZ in the base set, that will leave a lot of room for defense options.

But yes, two sets means more choices!

D
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote