View Single Post
Old 01-06-2016, 08:45 AM   #18
Mailanka

Default Re: Mailanka's Musings -- GURPS Content Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huscurian View Post
Hmm, Resplendent Star Empire. Interesting... Got a link for that?
I have gobs of material of material I've not finished off, or even made a campaign out of. One of the reasons I started blogging was to turn piles of notes into finished materials.

Quote:
Usually, it's just reading up the materials, statting it out, playtesting it, then updating it as I go along. It might take a while to make the conversion work but if it is stealing, I could also be profiting from it entirely. If I'm doing the conversion and playing with it without profit, I don't see it as stealing. I see it as playing something that others might enjoy.
When I discussed my blog post (long before it went up) with my girlfriend, she went "I have a book on that!" and she plucked "Steal like an Artist" from her shelf. I don't mean "stealing" as a crime, but rather in the sense that her book meant it: You see something you like, so you take it, you use it, you remold it, remix it, and then express it again and anew. That's just how the creative process works.

Quote:
I'll check those out. Sounds like you have pretty much understood SS1-7 when I haven't read all of them just yet.
I have a very extensive library, and I've read most of it, which is something a lot of newer GURPS GMs don't have the luxury of. I hope my blog will help you, and people like you, by pointing you to works and ideas that exist that you haven't heard of.

Quote:
I'll keep the blog bookmarked.
You're very kind. Thank you.