View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #4
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Dance Limitation on Magery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
It is a bigger limitation than similar Accessiblities are, for sure ("only while flying" or "only while swimming" are both listed at -30%, for example). I think the fact that it also means that high skill never eliminates the need for gestures is probably worth bumping up the limitation value a bit, though.

I would say, however, that to qualify for this, you actually have to be dancing, and you can't just handwave the dance as being part of the normal foot gestures spells require. So, you've got to a have a decent clear floorspace, or make a DX roll to avoid falling if you don't, and the movements will be obviously a dance, you can't pass them off as just some shuffling or fidgeting to someone watching. For a "sword mage", I'd be inclined to say that, if they want to be casting spells while fighting with a sword, they've got to be wielding the sword as a dance. At minimum, they'd have to have Dancing skill at some level, and I'd be inclined to cap their effective weapon skill at their Dancing skill.
You might even require they use the appropriate Art skill instead of the combat form if they are attacking or defending while maintaining spells.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote