View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 01:44 AM   #2
Refplace

Default Re: [Powers/Super] Control Magic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinumon View Post

Big thanks to Refplace for putting me on to Wildcard Powers. Wouldn't have been possible otherwise.

Thanks as always, y'all

Jinumon
Your welcome.
Still mulling it over. Your Control Magic is the same cost per level as my Control Mana at 20 points a level. By the way it was originally Control Magic but Kromm suggested the different name to make clear its the energy thats being manipulated.
Our systems both use AA for spells but the similarity ends there and I do like some of yours. By the way I named mine Wizardry as well, seemed fitting.

Your system focuses on casters who rely on slow rituals for most things but can learn faster weaker spells.
If you dont mind Ill adapt that part as some magical styles variation.
I however have two issues that I need to mull over more.
1) The Wild Card part is of limited use considering those limitations.
While manipulating mana you can also cast say a lightning bolt at the same time but only under all those limitations such as prep time and casting penalties.
Did just inspire a neat idea I need to ponder and may add to my system though. So thanks for being an inspiration!

2) There is precedent for using Temporary enhancements so your ok there but the penalties to buy them off will make individual spells more expensive then they need to be,
On the other hand using learned type spells as full alternative abilities can help there. Still this may result in more expensive spells than you might think.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote