View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 06:37 AM   #3
McAllister

Default Re: How does TK: Attraction work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereidalbel View Post
If your TK is strong enough to lift them off the ground,
Strong enough? Meaning opponent weights under 8xBL (per Lifting and Moving, Basic p. 353)? ST is double opponent's or more so dragging is effortless (per Grappling, p. 371)?

Quote:
you can slam your opponent into yourself, using your opponent's HP and your TK (modified by encumbrance) as the speed to determine slam damage.
So if I'm holding a spear, I can stick my opponent on it to make the slam damage impaling: that's the logic on Martial Arts p. 107, but in reverse. However, is there any way to add the collision damage of the slam to the swing crushing damage I do with a baseball bat? Say I have an Extra Attack, so one is pulling the target and the other's swinging at it.

Quote:
Otherwise, roll contests for grapples as normal, and your opponent is pulled MoS yards towards you every time you win.
Well, that's not exactly how grappling normally works. Are you suggesting that my Attack action is to roll to a contested check? Do I need to have hit to establish a grapple on a previous turn? If it's a contested check, do I use (highest of ST, DX and grappling skill) for each contestant like it's a Takedown check? And "pulled MoS yards" isn't anything like how dragging works in a grapple. EDIT: Well, Martial Arts p. 118 isn't entirely unlike this, as it described a contested grappling check, but the winner gets to drag the loser for a step, not MoS yards.

Alternatively, point me at a book/Pyramid article/forum post/popular houserule website and I can see for myself where you're getting this. That might be best.

Last edited by McAllister; 09-07-2016 at 06:39 AM. Reason: See "EDIT:"
McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote