View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 08:07 PM   #1589
Icelander

Default Pimpin' Ain't Easy

However...

Gisella had showed Teddy Smith the poster she was talking about. It was a Frozen poster and she pointed to Elsa, the Disney Princess, who was indeed wearing the same sort of dress and hairstyle as Ailsa of the Aes Sith. Unfortunately, Teddy Smith spent the years of 1995-2018 lost in the Bermuda triangle and Gisella is, as previously mentioned, memory-challenged, so they are two of the only people in the world who do not even have the faintest idea about anything that might happen in this movie.

Oh, and obviously, while Smith was standing close to her looking at the poster, Gisella turned around and with adolescent awkwardness tried to kiss him.

About half an hour ensued of Teddy Smith gently letting down Gisella without hurting her feelings, which was impossible, given that she has the emotional maturity of a child and has no negative memories at all, so no way to contextualize rejection and disappointment. He managed to convince her that he doesn't want to take advantage of her while she doesn't have her memories and that this doesn't mean that he cares for her any less, so she eventually stops crying.

So, when Teddy Smith hears knocking and Lacoste calling loudly for him (Lacoste does everything loudly), his player turns to the GM.

Smith (OOC): "What's Gisella's state?"
[beat]
Smith (OOC): "No, damn it, not her state of dress! I mean is she okay? Can I let anyone in?"
GM: "She looks like a drowned raccoon from crying all over her makeup, but she seems to be calmer now."
Smith (OOC to Lacoste's player): "Can you send Garza with her to do... whatever, so she doesn't have to hear whatever no doubt upsetting plan you are about to present?"
Lacoste: "Natalie, dear, why don't you take Gisella to the bathroom and help her fix her makeup?"

Tough as nails federal agent DUSM Natalie Garza gives Lacoste a disbelieving look, snorts angrily, but takes the sniffling Gisella to the bathroom. This is fortunate, because Lacoste can't wait to present his plan.

Lacoste [giddily drunk]: "Ok, Teddy, I could tell when we were talking about the Cold Ones, she was upset for personal reasons. I think she's their enemy. She said that she liked the world, because it was vibrant and alive and wonderful. She's a good fae!"
Teddy Smith: "She didn't actually say anything about the sort of life and vibrancy that appealed to her. It could be viruses or beetles she likes, not humans."
Lacoste (scoffing): "Bah, she likes us, I could tell! And I've got a plan! She's the enemy of the Cold Ones and so are we. And... the Enemy of my Enemy is... my Friend! We can make an allegiance!"
Smith: "What is literally the only rule you told me to keep in mind?"
Lacoste [frowning in thought]: "Don't make any deals with the fae?"
Smith: "And what do we call forming an allegiance with them?"
[...]
Lacoste: "Awesome?"

Smith: "Well, at least you're discussing this first."
Lacoste: "You're our resident expert on eldritch horrors. I wouldn't make a deal with the fae without you!"

---

After much plot-relevant talking...

Edit: Actually, I skipped a few good lines:

Lacoste (OOC): "So, I tell the story, only leaving out Gisella and Kessler and other stuff like that."
Smith (OOC): "Won't that result in a story that completely leaves out why we were there, on a hazardous quest for this frozen unearthly abomination in his lair?"
Lacoste (OOC): "No, no, she'll get that we were doing that because of how awesome we are."
Smith (OOC): "Heroes gotta hero."
Lacoste (OOC): "Ok, I want it to be clear that I'm telling this story like we're around a campfire and I'm Conan telling stories of his past glories. Wait, [faeces], that wasn't Conan, that was that old wizard dude. Anyway, in my story time, I'm both Conan and that old wizard dude. And it's awesome!"
GM (rolling dice): "Indeed. You actually do have Public Speaking and you succeed by 7."
Lacoste (OOC): "And you might be thinking, does he leave out the part where he rode the Yeti? No, bitch, that's the best part! Half of my story is about when I rode the Yeti!"

---

Lacoste and Smith must find an appropriate gift to present to Ailsa, after she gave them something of great value and owing a fae something sounds like a very bad idea. Dane Winding, the PC, has returned and is sitting with them at a kitchen table, along with Ailsa herself, but Dane's player has turned off the mike on his computer, because he's on the phone.

Smith (OOC): "What do you give an ancient fae of great power?"
Lacoste (OOC): "She seemed to want Dane..."
Smith (OOC): "She wouldn't even have to keep him. Just borrow him for a few centuries."
Lacoste (OOC): "Would giving her a person be slavery? As a person of color when it suits me*, I'm opposed to slavery on principle."
Smith (OOC): "No, man, she'd give him back. It's indentured servitude, at worst."
Lacoste (OOC): "Oooh, if I'm paying in sweet, sexy love, from someone else, I'm basically pimpin'. And my glittery purple-pink top hat gives me at least a +1 bonus to pimpin'!"

*He has the Perk Passing Appearance and is of vaguely ambiguous ethnicity.

Last edited by Icelander; 03-28-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote