View Single Post
Old 07-17-2015, 01:38 PM   #48
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: [Combat]: Do you bow, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Qualifying with a revolver with 12 shots at 3 yds and 12 shots at 7yds, I managed to put 27 holes in my human sized target.

Not only did someone manage to miss, they managed to hit the completely wrong target
To be fair, that doesn't necessarily mean they missed the target that they aimed at with those shots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Half the shots were untimed, half you had 5 seconds to draw the revolver and shoot twice

So, human sized target. 3yds away -1. Firing two handed and aimed for 1 second is +1 + ACC. Given its a very well worn double action revolver firing inexpensive low recoil reloads I am guessing ACC 1. All out attack +1. So net of skill +1, then all the nice non combat known range bonuses, but with penalties of being in front of your coworkers on display with failure leading to dishonor, trying again, and in extreme cases remedial training or unemployment
Nice non combat bonuses: +2 or +3 for no pressure (I'd give only +2 because I don't see any justification for the 'political or military' qualifier on the +1 for no stake in the outcome.). +3 for known range. +1-4 for range environment (lighting, visibility, I'm not sure what else). No additional penalty for the threat of being shamed, that's what I'm knocking one off the 'no pressure' bonus for.

EDIT: At such short ranges, the +3 for rangefinding is probably not realistic, but is allowed.