Thread: OGRE IN ITALY
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:49 AM   #27
Leonidas
Banned

Default Re: OGRE IN ITALY

Leonidas reporting.

I still have to try the BGG Zilla.

However, Italy is on nukes. I tried again a Ceasefire Collapse scenario, in the basic version, and we had a blast. We always use mirror armies.

At the end, after all the nuking, it came down to 5 inf v 5 inf. As no damage was done to the structure, so we wisely restored the ceasefire.

At the beginning, I engaged 4 GEVs v 4 GEVs on the far right of the battlefield. We both deployed the GEVs secretly, with the plant to sneak in and do damages to the cities and gain VP. It did not turn out well, as no one really prevailed on that filed because of bad rolls on both sides.

The Combine deployed in an advance position, and the HWT started blasting units. It was total destruction. Additionalòly, I have to admit that 6 INF in the woods are pretty resilient. They can take out a Heavy tank quite easily. The Mobile Howitzers are very strong, but in a mirror game it comes down to who kill it first. Advancing under artillery fire gave us a very sense of epic warfare. I staked too much, but I got very lucky on defense. The missile tanks performed pretty well. I use them as archers, and with that idea in mind, I can make the most of it.

On a final note. Every time I play Ogre with my friend there is this zen-like elegant taste in our mouth. There is no aggression (like in X-wing), no drama, no grudge. This happens only with Ogre. Maybe because it is a very fair game, maybe because of us, but there is always a sense smooth pleasure after the game. Like smoking a cigar after a battle. I do not know if this makes any sense to you.

Do you get the same feeling with Ogre compared to other games?
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote