View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 04:47 AM   #13
swordtart

Default Re: Your favorite Official Vehicle Design

For bikes.

The Rocket RoadMiser (VG1) would be my choice for massed bike attacks. As with all bikes it is a bit vulnerable but for equipping masses of opponents it is a decent choice. They will need to get close for the HR to hit, but even iron clads will take notice of a 3d weapon. Tires are poor, but they are unlikely to be targeted directly. You'll have to dodge DWs and if someone coats the road, stop and go round (eventually they will run out).

You have enough power to haul a sidecar. It will cut your acceleration but might boost your HC, firepower or your ability to carry cargo or passengers. If all you want are the latter, you could rive your mate/extra equipment to the fight zone, unload and detach the sidecar recovering your full ACC.

Once you have fired the HR, I'd replace it with 3 linked mini-rockets, these are cheaper, free up another 40lb (which I'd spend on radials) and increase your chance to hit with at least 1 (by allowing more to hit rolls). Normally I would upgrade to AP rockets but in this case I'd keep the cost down (a 1/2" burst effect is also not a significant threat to your pack mates and you might meet metal armour).

After market HD HTMs will make it fly impact the low price is the main selling point. You might consider 1 pt WGs to discourage hand weapons, but anything more will be a waste. You would need to drop a point of armour but that isn't much of an impact.

The key to the design is fielding 6-10 times the number of opponents. Ride in hard and assume casualties. Unleash rocket hell, and then get out of dodge. Pick up the scraps afterwards.

Alternatively set up in advance in ambush (and preferably stationary to maximise that first attack and preferably from a height advantage so you can target top armour). Let fly and then run along pre-prepared escape routes taking full advantage of your narrow width to squeeze down tracks your opponent can't go.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote