View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 02:41 AM   #13
Tomsdad

Default Re: Equipment and Armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakyrias View Post
Encumbrance is more about weight limits. I'm looking more about mobility penalties. The armored overcoat detailed in classic High tech reduces movement by 1 as well as acrobatics. The EOD suit in the back of the basic book penalizes DX by -3. I'm just trying to find out if there is any comprehensive list of armor (or armor constructing toolkit) for when penalties should apply, and what levels.

While I can GM fiat my players and to say when a particular armor gets a penalty or not, I (and they) prefer a system that we all understand, and I just seem to be missing it.
Encumbrance penalties include movement penalties.

Specific penalties to DX and skill use tend to get detailed either as specific to the item (e.g the EOD suit you mention) or by be referencing general rules that apply to particular items.

E.g. layering penalties giving DX pens, thick gloves, mittens or gauntlets giving levels of 'ham fisted', enclosing helmets giving no peripheral or even tunnel vision, and/or hard of hearing etc, etc.

Of course at higher TL's some of these effects are mitigated and/or don't appear for some items.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 09-07-2017 at 03:16 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote