View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Pyramid #3/102: Epic

I've read through Crafting Imbuements, Dungeon Fantasy Goes to War, and Götterdämmerung so far, and this is definitely looking like a good issue!

I particularly liked Crafting Imbuements - I had actually had some ideas along these lines before, but Christopher has implemented practically everything I was thinking about, at least as good I could have.

I did have just a couple of questions about the system, though. First, the article is actually unclear about which skills the imbuement skills' specializations are based on. I assume from context that it's crafting skills (since things like (Melee Weapons) and (Missile Weapons) are Armoury specializations), but it's not spelled out anywhere I could see, and I think that could be clarified.

Second, how would you add a destiny or purpose to an object? Say you wanted to make a sword that had the mystical purpose of "Slay the Ogre of Red Wood". Would that just be the Infuse Gear skill, with advantages like Higher Purpose or Destiny? Or is Infuse Gear supposed to be about adding advantages to the item's "character sheet", and adding traits to the user of the item would be better handled with another skill?
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote