View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Melee Innate Attack Annoyances

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
I am absolutely annoyed by the fact that when added the Melee limitation to an Innate Attack, it creates two modes. Yes. Not one, but two. It adds "attack" and "Primary". Primary is the annoying one. The one that always says "0d" for damage and just takes up space like people that ride city buses all day to just ride the city bus all day because they have nothing better to do.

Is there a way for me to deal with this? I don't care what I have to do. I will attempt it.
It doesn't add Primary, it just adds Attack. The problem is, if you're adding it to something that effectively has no damage modes to start with, then it adds a new mode anyway, leaving you with blank data for the original mode.

If you go through the Edit windows all the way to Advanced Edit, you can manually remove all the mode data for the mode you don't want. Yes, you could mess things up, but that's the only way to remove a mode at this point.

Each mode-enabled tag has data for the modes listed something like X|Y, where each mode is separated from the next by the | character. Since you don't want the first mode, remove all the data to the left side of those | characters, and the | itself, and you should be left with just the mode that you actually want. There will be a lot of these fields, but they shouldn't be hard to identify in Advanced Edit. You don't need to fix the charX tags, as those are calculated automatically, but they'll help you identify the non-char tags that need to be edited. (And after the edit, OK back to Simple Edit, then drill back to Advanced, and if any of those charX tags still have split data for modes, you know you missed a tag or two.)

I suggest you make a back-up of your character first.

Armin