View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #17
DAT

Default Re: Help/Advice with a GURPS Shadowrun Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
Some comments:
It looks like you've done the math here for Minion being only +0% (which is correct, since the microbot swarm does have Slave Mentality). The 10 point cost is correct with that assumption, but otherwise it's off.
I was thinking I messed this up, just not sure how.

So I should have: 425% x 3 = 12.75 = 13 points?

Quote:
The Shadowrun technomancers I'm familiar with actually use radio to communicate with computer systems (albeit biologically-generated). Are you changing this?
Yes, the player state in his concept that he drew his technomancer powers through his link with the swarm, so that is how I tried to model it for him.

Quote:
You're using a variant on Sorcery for this, correct? If that's the case, note that the cost of your highest learned spell can't exceed the total points paid for Sorcerous Empowerment. That means that the Lightning Bolt and Possession abilities, right now, could neither be learned, nor improvised, even with hardcore improvisation. Probably put more points into the "Technomacery Empowerment" advantage.
Yes, a variant of Sorcery was the plan. I had missed that restriction. That throws the whole template cost out the window. The goal was the 50-75 point range.

Quote:
Also note, in the default Sorcery system, the first level of Sorcerous Empowerment is worth 20 points, and all subsequent levels are 10 points. Did you change the Empowerment build to be cheaper?
Yes, I have the Cybernetic limitations added to if for -50%. I had considered the Granted by familiar and or Gadget limitations too.

Any alternative advice for building a Technomancer with a microbot swarm symbiont/familiar?

-Dan
DAT is offline   Reply With Quote