View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 04:34 PM   #13
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Can we please get a Statement from Liz Danforth on the new MELEE project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
Well, I for one am extremely happy Ms. Danforth stopped by to throw TFT fans a bone.

Her artwork helped inspire many young people to use their imaginations in ways perhaps they hadn't been encouraged...
I can tell you it was the Liz's Melee counter-sheet which was directly responsible for my cousin getting seriously into art and figure-drawing for a time.

The whole sequence of events came about as my cousin wanted counters for things and figures in our game which were not represented by what was among the included counters. My cousin was "okay" at drawing - none of rest of us could draw anything - and he began to imitate Liz's "one-side shaded" effect and was getting pretty good at drawing these small custom Melee counters on cardboard squares, cut from the cardboard his Dad's shirts would come back with from the dry-cleaners - which while definitely looking home-made - actually visually fit in well enough with the real counters, so as to not elicit a round of "Bronx-Cheers" and Heavy-Razzing from the rest of us - unmerciful teen-aged malcontents; one-and-all.

So from there, beginning in his last year of Junior-High, he signed up and enrolled in a real "Figure Drawing Class". Well, the strange thing was, he kept going to these "Thursday Night Art Classes" all the way trough to his Senior year in High School. None of could put two-and-two together as to why he kept re-enrolling in these different Figure Drawing Classes and so-called: Life Drawing Classes, until his mom, after cleaning his room one day, decided to look into the stacks and stacks of my cousin's sketch-pads, which he had generated over the years of taking these unending Figure Drawing Classes... and the pages and pages of sketches of the nude models who sat for the Figure Drawing Class - usually Post-Grad College-aged girls from NYU or Colombia - and the "mystery" was solved!

I think the elongated hysterical screech his mother let out upon her discovery to the mysteries contained within the sketch-books, and just what "Junior's Art Interest" was actually motivated by, is still traveling through-out space somewhere; most likely nearing Alpha-Century by now.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 05-19-2018 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Typo
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote