View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 06:37 AM   #21
rockwoofstone

Default Re: May 8, 2018: Ogre Miniatures Second Edition Kickstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
The MSRP of the Battle Box is $79.95, not $74.95, meaning that the Warehouse 23 price is accurate. And the Battle Box is going into distribution, so international supporters could preorder the box at their local store and preorder only the new rules on Warehouse 23.

To fully take advantage of Kickstarter, international supporters can use a mail fulfillment service. These are experts in shipping -- especially in shipping from the U.S. to other nations -- and they can offer better rates than we can.

If we could, we would offer international rewards through Kickstarter. Unfortunately, that leaves us with two options:

* Use an external service, like BackerKit, to collect shipping costs after the project ends. That eats into the profitability of the project and would force us to increase both the base goal and the amount of stretch goals.

* All backers to pledge shipping during the project, which dramatically throws off all of the math. And since we cannot predict how many international backers there may be, we cannot accurately estimate how much those shipping dollars would affect the final stretch goals. $50 in shipping added to a project is not the equivalent of $15 in shipping added to a project.

None of the costs of shipping are designed as "punishment" or are in any way under our control. We are charging the estimated shipping as necessary.
Phil - please pause for a moment and slowly read all of this - you're jumping to conclusions about what I'm saying, or maybe I'm not being clear, so allow me to clarify...

The $110 bundle on Kickstarter contains the Battlebox, and the new rulebook (plus associated PDF extras).
Buying these same items from W23 works out as follows:
$35 for the book.
$79.95 for the Battle box.
i.e. a total of £114.95, so (as near as makes no difference) $5 more than in the Kickstarter.
This is the point I'm making - you're charging more at W23 for exactly the same items.

I have no problem with the shipping price, so please don't suggest that I do! I have never said that - that is what it is, and has no bearing on this debate; the issue is with the base price, where you are charging $5 extra. Making the W23 price align with the Kickstarter price, even if just for the duration of the Kickstarter, by offering the same bundle, doesn't seem too tough to do.

Hopefully that clarifies the problem.

Last edited by rockwoofstone; 05-11-2018 at 07:07 AM.
rockwoofstone is offline   Reply With Quote