View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 11:49 AM   #39
Dalin

Default Re: Kickstarter: Dungeon Fantasy Magic Items 2, Powered by GURPS

I received my physical copy of Magic Items 2 on Thursday (no PDF yet) in great condition (fortunately my mail carrier didn't try to fold it into my mail slot). I've been enjoying reading through it over this unusually cold Minnesota weekend.

I love the fact that each item gets a full page with a color illustration. There's a good balance of flavor text and mechanical crunch. The items are creative and fun to read. Some, like the Anellaccio, are things I would never have come up with but are a perfect fit for my game world. A few, naturally, don't fit perfectly in my style of game (the God King's Oculus and the Instant Zombie require a level of gruesome that I usually steer clear of), but they're easy to adjust to be more family friendly. I particularly enjoyed the way Kromm provides information for how you can add new generic elements to your game: new weapons and weapon modifiers, disadvantages, spells, animals, mundane objects, etc. This gives the book extra value even if I only use a small number of the items.

And, finally, I'm so glad that I have it in print. I'm sure I'll use the PDF a lot, but these glossy supplements are much more fun to read and are more likely to pull in new gamers.
Dalin is online now   Reply With Quote