View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 01:01 PM   #37
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Kickstarter: Dungeon Fantasy Magic Items 2, Powered by GURPS

I got mine and I'm significantly less happy with it's packaging than the last book (DFRPG Monsters 2). Monsters 2 came in the envelope inside a box, so the mail carrier didn't crumple it up wedging it into my tiny mailbox...

But complaints about heedless mail carriers aside (and pressing between heavy books might just straighten it out, eventually), the book is good. I'd be much happier with an 'under the hood' section, in this regard DFRPG Magic Items '1' is the far superior volume for bringing it's magic item creation rules and charts to my table.

The dice are still as good as the last time I picked up the White EitP dice (yes, apparently I did buy a bunch last time as well, I'm up to a requisite* 18 dice now), my only quibble is that the Illuminati EitP dice and the Purple EitP dice aren't the same size as the White (or that the white aren't the same the others). It's a minor quibble, but I am much happier when my dice match (style, size, etc).

* When I bought the Illuminati dice pack, I bought 3 packs to get 18 dice, 6 of each color (Red, Blue and Silver). 18 because that allows up to 6 people to play and have a "dice set each". I like the Illuminati dice for representing different damage types... so if I had any wish fulfilled it would be for more color options, like Green, Yellow, Orange, etc. I absolutely love if the Illuminati packs came in some more color packs, like a 'Basic' White, Black, Violet†; 'Primary 2' Yellow, Green, Orange; etc.

† Violet to fill out the ROYGBIV. Not sure if you need Indigo when you've already got Violet (or vice-versa). Though, personally I'd do 'Basic' as Black, Silver, White, and then the other 'Primary' packs fall into line well... but you've already got the Illuminati dice pack set the way you do.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote