Thread: Druid DF advice
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 02:39 AM   #8
Phantasm

Default Re: Druid DF advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
Thanks for the tips.

Is it ok to allow the summon animals spell to summon the animals from DF5? Edit: I guess not if they are IQ 6.

I still don't want annoying hordes of 'useless' animals
I would allow Summon Animal to summon modified versions of the ones in DF5; most notably, I'd adjust the IQ score back to their sub-sapient levels, or one level above.

Also, and this is just me, I'd have each animal a different Summon (Animal) spell. Same with Create Animal; it'd be Create (Animal). You can be as strict or lenient as you wish with this; you could have Summon Reptile or Summon Crocodile, but the former would also include alligators, snakes, and komodo dragons. Summon Mammal would probably be a bit too much, but Summon Bear would work for Grizzly, Brown, Black, Polar, and maybe even Panda. Likewise, Summon Big Cat working for Lion, Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, and Jaguar, but maybe not cover Puma, Ocelot, and Lynx. Be creative, and limit them however broadly or limited as you see fit.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote