View Single Post
Old 01-19-2018, 12:18 PM   #236
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Cars Wars 6E - What We Know - 1st Post will be updated over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomemullet View Post
I'm putting my +1 on this, too. I'm ALL in, if 6e can deliver a slice of my CW memories on a 21st century plate.

From what I've heard so far, I think their most drastic changes are what's needed in today's market. I just hope they don't completely abandon the "build it from scratch" depth that was always my favorite part of the game. Anyone that's ever rolled a character in Traveller knows what I'm talking about. :)
Last I saw, they were going with a "buy components with points" system...a RR with a full load of ammo might cost 5 points, and in Division 20 you've got 20 points to spend building your car, rather than the dollar-by-dollar, pound by pound system we have now.

I'm going to miss the raw fidelity, but if it still "feels" like Car Wars and ticks all the important boxes without scaring people off the first time they see a lookup table, I'm happy to give it a shot. They do have a golden opportunity that Battletech missed, though: by keeping "Classic" (4th Edition) both in print, neither audience will feel slighted.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/