View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 11:38 PM   #235
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
hmm. That's a good point. that might change things. Or it might not. Would it be too fiddly if it only counts if the AP is spent?
A bit fiddly yes, and punishes those who have DR to prevent injury, which would prevent the AP loss.

Instead of the AP loss from HP loss (injury) I think just the "damage is deceleration" from grappling (1:1) except that might be a bit excessive...

Another might be simply to calculate knockback and consider each yard of knockback to be 1 y/s deceleration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Oh, that's right, we house ruled in evade costing AP, mostly because it obviously involves a lot of tricky movement. I still think the evade cost can count as acceleration towards slowing down. Its all about shifting around and misdirecting your opponent.
Evasion should totally reduce someone's maximum speed somehow... in GURPS terms the 1 Movement Point you would spend auto-evading allies should apply here, which could result in reducing how many yards you moved that turn, which should probably count as the new momentum you'd have to accelerate from.

Someone who doesn't sacrifice that Movement Point (and that Action Point) would instead be at some risk of a collision...

Basically this is sort of a "running into a door is free" ... to distinguish between "I ran into an invisible door I didn't see, and thus did not choose an attack maneuver for" vs "I saw a door and intentionally shoulder-tackled it".

The latter should be more damaging to the door, a reward for an intentional attack, but the former should still be capable of SOME damage.

There's little gap (aside from AOA:Strong) I can see between colllision rules and slam rules to account for this though...

I'm wondering if maybe we borrow the thrust-based slam rules from Dungeon Fantasy and apply some basic penalty to maie it inferior to defensive attack Slams?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote