View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #776
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Five Earths, All in a Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
Their physical avatars are buildable, the gods themselves (in this setting) are not.
Well considering how powerful Unkillable 3 and the Cosmic Power/modifier are that isn't much. Those are so powerful on their own that what constitutes a 'god' is out the window.

Of course the elephant in the room is the very idea you could stat a god started with TSR's 1980 Deities and Demigods. And if that wasn't enough of a bad idea the Queen of the Demonweb Pits (Q1) added the worse idea that you could kill a god in their home plane permanently.

Setting asside just how absurd that was, the very idea that a AD&D party of 10–14 could even meet Lolth without being turned into bloody smears was ludicrous enough but the idea they could kill her permanently? That was (and is) just jaw dropping insane. And yet despite how bad these ideas this were they kept happening with each new addition of D&D.

And the video game series God of War just continued this bad idea with Kratos effectively killing nearly all of the Greek pantheon. Yes, Kratos is a demigod but he should not be able to kill actual Olympian gods.

Facing even the avatar of a god shouldn't be a case of 'I have a chance of winning' but rather a case of 'I'm tired of living/existing, please kill/destroy me now' and facing their divine form should amount to 'Please help me win a Darwin Award.'
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote