View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 10:42 PM   #38
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: (Another) World of Superhumans

I really do not see those as the relevant categories of supers in a world where supers are merely uncommon rather than rare. In the case of the majority of supers, the people with 100- CP in innate abilities, physical abilities are going to be the less useful than mental abilities. At TL7+, I am not sure that many combat physical abilities are going to be terribly useful due to the utility of technology.

Among the 80% of supers with 100- CP in innate abilities (which I will call Level Ones), the distribution of innate abilities is fairly uniform (1% will have 1 CP, 1% will have 2 CP, 1% will have 3 CP, etc.). When it comes to power talents, Level Ones might only have one power talent and, within each point category, 20% will have Level 0, 20% will have Level 1, 20% will have Level 2, etc. (the power talent does not count against the points in their abilities), so you would have an equal probability of a character with Power Talent 4 and 1 CP in innate abilities as you would of a character with Power Talent 0 and 100 CP in innate abilities. Level Ones can develop further abilities through training and practice though, and a number of them become equivalent to Level Twos (101-200 CP in innate abilities) or even Level Threes (201 CP-300 CP in innate abilities).

Ability distributions are probably 45% mental, 45% physical, and 10% social (mainly Summonable Allies and Highly Accessible Patrons). Some supers will be all mental, some will be all physical, and a few will be all social, but most will be a mixture of two or three categories. The lower utility of physical abilities will probably mean that the majority of supers will not develop their careers around them, though there will be some exceptions. For example, a super with innate DR 12 (Flexible, -20%; Force Field, +20%; Super, -10%) [54], Doesn't Breathe (Super, -10%) [18], and Temperature Tolerance 20 (Heat; Super, -10%) [18] (for a total of 90 CP of innate abilities) would almost certainly become a firefighter.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote