View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:05 AM   #2
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Actual effects of Vacuum Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1234 View Post
So does VS only mitigate the explosive decompression part? Does it do nothing for temperature nor suffocation?
Yes. Decompression is the only one of those that is vacuum-specific...and the only one that isn't specifically under a different Advantage too.
Quote:
Also, that would seem to me you need TT, VS, and Doesn't Breathe (or Breath Holding or something to that effect) to be "safe" in vacuum?
Not necessarily. If you want to hang out in space unprotected for an extended period, yes. (Plus Radiation Tolerance and probably Regeneration (Radiation Only) - Vacuum Support points to rad tolerance as a consideration.)

But being in vacuum doesn't necessarily mean being exposed to extreme temperatures. And with Vacuum Support you could hold your breath in vacuum to resist suffocation for a little while, without rupturing your lungs as a result. If you're in a suddenly-decompressed space vessel, having Vacuum Support alone keeps you functional for what could easily be long enough to save your life (and maybe other people in the room, if you like them).
Quote:
What does Sealed in the case of simple vacuum do?
Nothing. Sealed keeps bad stuff out. Vacuum isn't stuff that needs keeping out.

It'll protect you from moon dust getting in your internals though.