View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
ISNorden

Default New demonic attunement--and some questions

Hack

By spending 1 Essence and making an unmodified Will roll, the demon can force his way past copy protection or passwords; this works much like the Library Card attunement granted to some Destinians, but applies only to electronic data. An Infernal Intervention amplifies the Hack, granting better access--permanent for software applications, 1d6 days for web sites and databases. (The attunement still grants access only to the original user, though; others must use the item normally or attempt their own Hack.)

A Divine Intervention botches the Hack badly; the user forfeits all access to that item for 1d6 days, and may alert relevant authorities (system admins, software company lawyers, etc.) to his actions as well.

In campaigns that use Ethereal Interventions, the Hack has an unexpected result: either the user affects the wrong item, or he actiivates an "Easter egg" (surprise feature) in the code.

A few questions that came to mind when I designed this:
  1. Which Demon Prince actually designed the Hack attunement first? I can see Vapula and Valefor both taking credit for it.
  2. If you wanted to change any rules I'd written for this attunement, which one(s) would you choose?