View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 12:22 PM   #1
PK

Default Pyramid #3/107: Monster Hunters III

I'm not afraid of
Things that go bump in the night;
I "bump" back stronger
— William Conrad, Warrior/Avenger
Monsters come in all shapes and sizes, and so do the dedicated hunters who defend us from them. That's why the GURPS Monster Hunters series -- along with the two previous dedicated issues of Pyramid -- includes a wide variety of both. Hunters range from believable 200-point investigators to cinematic 400-point champions, and you can deal with anything from enraged alligators to desperate dream projections.

But there's always room for more options, and Pyramid #3/107: Monster Hunters III brings you even more variety for your campaign:
  • GURPS Monster Hunters 1: Champions powered up wildcard skills, effectively turning them into low-key super abilities. Now Christopher Rice takes things a step further, proving that hunters are Born to be Wild with over 20 new wildcard skills and new rules (compatible with GURPS Power-Ups 7: Wildcard Skills) that make them even more potent and versatile.

• Fighting flesh-and-blood monsters is relatively straightforward, but dealing with things you can't touch or see can be An Irregular Sort of Terror. J. Edward Tremlett adds three new types of ghosts to those presented in GURPS Monster Hunters 3: The Enemy, along with a frightening 17 new spiritual abilities inspired by everything from modern fiction to ancient stories.

• Inexplicable swirls of light spark debates about UFOs. An old newspaper clipping bemoans how a gifted composer went insane after losing his love. A woman devours an entire store aisle of junk food before eating a fellow shopper. After showing up miles away from where he just was, a hiker claims to know exactly what the future holds for him. In this month's Eidetic Memory, David Pulver explains how The Dwyrm is at the center of all of this.

• Stories of champions defeating horrors are really about empowerment -- inspiring us to overcome the demons we face in our own life -- which is why a major sub-genre is aimed at kids and young adults. Liam Duncan offers new lenses, traits, and rules for Young Hunters, including guidelines for using GURPS Social Engineering: Back to School to run a school-focused campaign.

• And we defeated the cultists to rescue this month's Random Thought Table, which proves that "more is less" when it comes to keeping things mysterious and challenging.

Store Link: http://www.warehouse23.com/products/SJG37-2707
Preview PDF: http://www.warehouse23.com/media/SJG37-2707_preview.pdf

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote