View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:53 AM   #4
tremorlaine

Default Re: Need better understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLiving View Post
Hi everyone,
After you've kicked down the door, we have the option to 'loot the room' which means we take another 'door' card. Confusing. We assume these cards stay in our hands and DO NOT go to the table. Once we reach 6 cards in our hands, we have to start giving them away. WHAT'S THE POINT? I'm a level 4, DD is a level 3 so I give her a card which puts her over the limit so she ends up discarding it. Why didn't I just discard it myself??? The exchange of hands here is completely useless in my opinion so I'm obviously missing something.
The reason for Looting The Room is to be able to see more cards. If you aren't finding a monster when you Kick Down The Door then Looting The Room allows you one more chance on your turn to draw a Monster so you can fight it during your next turn during your Look For Trouble phase.

Regarding Charity, in your scenario DD would only have to discard the card you gave her at the end of her turn if she didn't use enough cards to get down to 5 (6 if you are a dwarf). Charity is there to "help" a lower level munchkin get into the game. There were times during a game where I started my turn with 10 cards because of Charity. By the end of my turn I did have to discard some of them but during my I got to play some and discard some to power my abilities.

This community here is very friendly and will to try to help with any confusion you have. I don't think anyone has picked up this game and "got it" right out of the box.
tremorlaine is offline   Reply With Quote