View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #6
awarnock

Default Re: Creating aliens for a space campaign.

@Jason Taylor: Given that I'm trying to flesh out a pair of templates for 3 foot tall murder-plushies, I think it's safe to say that medical definitions are being subverted for colloquially ones. That said, while they are not insane when compared to others of their race, they are most definitely insane when compared to the other races in the galaxy.

Of course, as Kelly said, insane is pretty broad. Something more precise might be psychotically violent and delusional.

@ericthered: Actually, the Obenn was part of the inspiration for that. The other bit was the Chua from Wildstar. The third race was a what-if instead of peace-loving velociraptoids, it was a second psychotically violent race. Them also being cute and fluffy was just for amusement. (Off topic, I really need to catch back up. I've binged the Schlock Mercenary archives a few times, but not in a few years.)

@Kelly Pedersen: Psychotically violent and prone to delusions sounds about right. So, Total Intolerance [-10], Bad Temper [-10], Bully [-10], Delusions(Major, "We are the masters of the universe! It is only a matter of time before all bow before us!") [-10], and Sadism [-15] would probably be a part of both races. I'm not sure if Social Stigma would be, though. Maybe reputation would be better?

The main problem is thinking of something to differentiate the two races. Then again, maybe just the features will be enough.

@Fred Brackin: Thanks for pointing that out. It wasn't quite what I meant, but it did get me on the right path I think.
awarnock is offline   Reply With Quote