View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #38
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Ogre Playmat M1 Preorders at Warehouse 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf90 View Post
Yes, this is definitely "rollable". (It's actually kind of the point for this project)

Obviously, these are not perfectly matching with the chipboard maps. But the differences are minor for those that wish to do so. As mentioned previously, these are not intended to pair with the "hard" maps. We are experimenting with new options for producing and releasing maps that are affordable for us to make and for you to purchase. Assuming this gets adequate fan support, we hope to be able to provide a number of maps in this manner. (And yes, I will endeavor to make sure they can mix and match with each other in some way!)

As far as the standard, "hard" boards go, we have maps G3 and S3 scheduled for release with the forthcoming Battlefields supplement. It is certainly possible that we will release more in that style as well, but they will be notably more expensive.

D.
It's a fun experiment, one that people have been asking for as long as there has been talk of new maps!

That does concern me about the commercial viability of Battlefields, though. Even if they're 'slightly more'...say $30 a pop for the hardboard...with 3 counter sheets, that's an MSRP somewhere in the neighborhood of $80. For people who aren't adoring fans, that's gonna be a hard sell for an expansion to a $50 game.

I'm hoping what's at play is that the economies of scale are hurting the neoprene experiment. A lot of 100 is not a lot of lot, and that can't be helping the price per unit.

Not gonna stop me from getting a couple, though. I'll probably snag at least a 2-pack of both Battlefields and M1.

And if it flops, there's always poster paper...flimsy, but cheap and very easy to store...or O6E-thickness maps!
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote