View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 07:42 PM   #25
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Sooo . . .What do you want?

OGREzine as a yearly published zine. Anything more frequent, I fear would compromise the quality and content. The more time able to submit stuff, and compile the zine the better. The more stuff being held before publishing like articles, and artwork the better a library to select from to craft a better zine for example.

A companion Rules set that compiles more example driven rules that would be more descriptive of how certain rules work in the game. It would be cross-referenced to the official rules. The "official rules lawyer version", but written in a language everyone can easily understand and grasp. Basically rules clarifications like we see asked here in the forums. OGRE may be a "Beer and Pretzels" game, but I would argue it's a sophisticated one and I think many would benefit greatly from such companion rules. We could have a on-the-fly WorkInProgress somewhere here people can contribute to and iterate into a final useful companion to the rules. It would be a one-stop answer to any questions regarding OGRE rules, including edge case stuff, ect.

ASSAULT PACKS complete with actual chipboard units, in particular, RANGERS. It's great they have surfaced in OGREzine 1st edition, but nothing beats those chipboard units for great looking, affordable, full color out-of-the-box ready playability.

A complete set of OGRE unit Record Cards like are included in 6th edition, the Paneuro colored ones. We need Combine Red also! That was a bit of a disappointment all that were in the box were for the Peans.

A complete set of Combine Red and Paneuropean Blue and VATICAN GUARD Flat Ogres. These would come in very handy when having to stack OGREs or for those who just prefer them over the 3D ones. Have one side Combine Red and the other Paneuropean Blue. The VATICAN GUARD could be on one side and maybe NIGHTFALL Black on the other.

A supplement with chipboard Structures and Buildings about Fortifications and Structure and Emplaced Weapons for example. Chipboard Emplaced Weapons https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...57670096487948 would be awesome to create your own from chipboard Sturctures. (Single and Double Secondary Battery, Single and Double Main Battery). We see a peak into this in largely unexplored area in OGREzine1 where Steve mentions UNDERGROUND COMBAT.

A VATICAN GUARD FENCER. The new peak at the chipboard DOPP looks awesome!

A new Terrain called MARSH with chipboard overlays. Discussed here, and not forgotten:
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=154627

New Faction D6 for NIHON, NIGHTFALL and VATICAN GUARD:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248...57685954428302

GIANT OGRE D6. Just like those big beautiful ones we have only BIG.

Last but not least, a plush MARK5. Combine Red and Paneuropean Blue. Seriously. But they would have to look really cool, nothing cheap or cheesy. Cute, but deadly.

As an aside, the ability to play people online in Scenarios created in the Scenario Creator in the OGRE game on STEAM.

A fully implemented and fully functioning Scenario Creator with no bugs. I will say again, it could be (and should be) the heartbeat of OGRE.

Make a free version people can use only to make maps and set up force compositions and post on STEAM, but no play unless the game is purchased. This would be a tool everyone can enjoy at it's basic level that would translate into using the maps for tabletop games. The ability to make custom maps using this would be a boon to OGRE the likes of which has never been seen before. Then take it to the next level and have it able to do player vs player in these published scenarios.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 06-13-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote