View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #23
Cat

Default Re: Sooo . . .What do you want?

I was an early advocate for neoprene mats during Minis KS 1, but will bow to the reality that extremely high cost would make that a hard reality to achieve. (And expensive shipping costs too, about 43 pounds of beige cloth covered 4' x 7' neoprene mats just landed on my doorstep today so I can paint my own!)

A different, and more realistic path, would be for SJG to do a license deal with an established mat maker. Cigar Box Mats for instance are a superb quality and they have done some licensed images for other games. They could print the image with or without hex grids. If there was extra room on one of their "4' x 6' plus" mats, terrain overlays could be printed along one side that could be cut out. [I have no connection with the company, just a very happy customer.]
http://cigarboxbattlestore.bigcartel.com/products

New maps would be quite welcome, but for the love of mercy, please make any new maps fully geomorphic with each other!

A Battlesuit game with minis would be awesome if the mechanics are kept as streamlined as Ogre. Something like BattleTech's CityTech in the Ogreverse.

A Pocket Edition GEV would be nice.

A Travel Edition original Ogre would be stunning! Box that folds out with a plastic map with holes in each hex, and tiny pieces with pegs that fit into them. Like Travel Edition Catan, that would be irresistibly cute!
:3

Last edited by Cat; 06-13-2018 at 06:39 PM.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote