View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #9
Dragondog
Never Been Pretty

Default Re: Dice and Lives: Gurps Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelSammallahti View Post
Well caught! I'll have to update Terror. Regarding Energy Reserve though, do you have a better suggestion for this special limitation? Powers gives two levels of Slow Recharge, -20% for 1/h and -60% for 1/day. But this ER doesn't recharge gradually, it recharges once a night, all at once. I just tossed -30% out there as a guesstimate.
As I think about an answer to this, I come to the conclusion that this might be a more complex issue. If I at level 5 use all of my 20 ER just before sunrise or at level 1 use the meager 4 ER right after dusk, I will have all of them back at dusk. If we only count the 12 hours the ability is active, this means that the level 5 example has to regenerate 20 ER in one second at the moment the ER is back again. This would be more than Extreme Regeneration. At the other extreme, 4 ER would regenerate in 12 hours.

So I would suggest something like:
4 ER (Nocturnal; Accessibility: Only at night, -20%) [9.6/level] + Regeneration.
Regeneration Level 1: Halfway between a -50% limitation to ER [-6] and Regeneration (Regular; Accessibility: Only at night, -20%; Limited Use, 1, -40%) [10] would be [2]
Regeneration Level 2: Halfway between a -40% limitation to ER [-4.8] and Regeneration (Regular; Accessibility: Only at night, -20%; Limited Use, 1, -40%) [10] would be [2.6]
Regeneration Level 3: Halfway between a -30% limitation to ER [-3.6] and Regeneration (Regular; Accessibility: Only at night, -20%; Limited Use, 1, -40%) [10] would be [3.2]
Regeneration Level 4 and 5: Halfway between Regeneration (Regular; Accessibility: Only at night, -20%; Limited Use, 1, -40%) [10] and Regeneration (Fast; Accessibility: Only at night, -20%; Limited Use, 1, -40%) [20] would be [15]

So in total, I'd make it something like L1 [12]; L2 [22]; L3 [29]; L4 [54]; L5 [63].
Dragondog is offline   Reply With Quote