View Single Post
Old 12-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #29
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: Most Useful GURPS Traveller Books from a GURPS Point of View

Quote:
Originally Posted by weby View Post
(A lot later I bought bounty hunters, as the game store had it at -65% sale at some point.. still really not worth the price, but could not resist...)
I bought a lot of GURPS Traveller books (and non-Traveller GURPS books) 6-7 years ago or so, when WH23 started giving a huge discount on 3rd Edition GURPS books, selling them for $10 each. I had already bought most of the ones I truly wanted, but went for a bunch more that sounded interesting at that newer lower price, including a lot of GURPS Traveller, and GURPS Atomic Horror and WWII: Weird War and Iron Cross.

All fun and worthwhile, more or less, at that price, except GT: Nobles and that "sector" book I purchased. Solomanni Rim or something. Reminded me of playing the Frontier computer game. A vast world full of boring ordinariness. Nothing that stands out (and very, very little information about the Solomanni themselves).

I can see why people who GM campaigns set in the Traveller universe finds the sector books useful, but I'd really like to hear an explanation from people who find GT: Nobles worthwhile. As I recall, it doesn't even spend 1/8 of a page talking about the customary attitude of the Imperial Nobility towards anagathics.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote