View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Starting an In Nomine game

Sounds like a neat idea!

The challenge with creating or destroying a Tether is that it's a power that comes largely from human perception. Celestials can try to load the dice, of course, and bias folks toward a certain viewpoint, but the more direct and obvious that celestial involvement gets, the less likely any Tether will come about ... which, of course, makes for a good and subtle story.

Some examples, starting from the dark side:

Nybbas: Find a way to turn the event into a media circus ... turn people's thoughts away from reverence and solemnity and toward the spectacle of the occasion. Make it a Super Bowl, not a service!

Malphas: You know, there's never a bad time to stir up a good Church scandal ... get people arguing, fast.

Belial: Screw subtlety. You got no building, you got no ceremony and no Tether. But they'll have all kinds of security on it (mortal and celestial) as the time gets close. Don't get burned yourself.

Saminga: Similar to Belial ... but you know, if the disaster happens during the ceremony and lots of people die, we might even get a Tether out of this.

Kobal: It'd be a shame if anything embarassing happened to his Holiness or his entourage during all this, wouldn't it? Make me laugh.

Angelic efforts are more likely to be playing defense against one or all of the above plots: Eli's done the groundwork, and if all goes well, Heaven will get a new Tether out of it. By default, if the consecration proceeds as planned, it will probably go to either Creation (if Eli pays attention) or The Sword. Other angels hoping to pull a land-grab have their work cut out for them ... I'll try to include some possibilities in a later post.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote