View Single Post
Old 05-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #3
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: OGRE self-destruction...

That's a good point about OGREs with or without the Descartes Package. I edited the rules to reflect it's consideration. (Still a WIP about how to have that all function).

I'm pretty sure OGREs of any sort never had human crew, at least all the background stuff says so.

I definitely see Self-Destruct being a viable option especially for the Combine Stealth OGREs for example to keep them from being captured and studied/reverse-engineered.

The remote signal to Self-Destruct for non-sentient OGREs is an interesting idea.

So we have three solid categories to work with now:

* Human Remote Controlled OGRE Self-Destruct.

* Non-Sentient OGRE Self-Destruct. (Part of the OGREs mission orientation programming).

* Descartes Packaged OGRE Self-Destruct.

The whole Descartes Package/ Sentient OGRE vs non-sentient as it relates to OGRE Self-Destruction needs iterated more. That's a very deep subject with many various reasons why things may or may not be in the OGREverse. I'd like to see it back in the game officially. I suspect it was dropped because the concept wasn't able to be used as a sufficient rule in the game. Maybe the Cruise Missile sized attack blast was deemed OP? Which is why I suggested the Mark valued attack blast strength and made it in the same hex as the self-destructing OGRE. Which is why I'm kicking this whole thing around again...maybe we can iterate this into a viable in-game rule that compliments the background while adding interesting new tactical options and gameplay.

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 05-16-2017 at 12:55 AM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote