View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
Jason

Default Re: Conversion to Apocalypse World rules

Just to clarify, you'd recommend having the 5 Apocalypse World stats AND the 6 In Nomine Characteristics AND the 3 In Nomine Forces? I feel like that'd be a hard sell with my players, most of whom already find the In Nomine rules more complex than they need to be (which is why I'm considering converting to a more pared-down system for them). I also have a hard time imagining some of the Apocalypse World stats as vessel-specific, considering the system's implied blending of physical traits and personality traits. "Hard" and "Sharp" aren't just about muscles and eyesight; they're about being a hardass and being a sharp thinker. But please do let me know if I'm misunderstanding you!

The more I think about it, the more I'm considering just taking the 5 Apocalypse World attributes and renaming them to work better with In Nomine. They already sound like terms you'd hear at a rock concert: Hard, Sharp, Cool, Hot …*though I kind of like "Smooth" better so it's not vessel-dependent, and I wonder whether "Weird" should get replaced with something else to cover resonances and songs, or whether that should just be offloaded onto other stats. It might be worth it to only use Forces to determine how much harm you can take in each category and have it be otherwise disconnected from attributes for the sake of approachability…
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote