View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 05:11 AM   #5
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Modifying I Smell A Rat for two PC's (Swashbuckler and Cleric)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almenac View Post
- Add more actual rats
Be careful it isn't so many rats that they get overwhelmed. Don;t go above 3-4 per swarm unless the PCs have a bottleneck to keep from getting surrounded. And don't forget the rats attack into Close Combat, so delvers have to keep backing away to make attacks.

Quote:
- Reduce the number and size of the spiders
I'd reduce the size of the Humongous Spider to Giant, but it's only one spider per delver, unless one of them get's webbed, so be sure to emphasize the webs are deep, knee to chest high and could contain hidden dangers so they take caution in clearing them.

Quote:
- Tone down or remove the evil runes from the passage the characters can't avoid
Like Gnomasz said, let the Cleric Exorcise them. Which alerts the...

Quote:
- Replace the peshkali with something easier or use a two-armed version
Replace her with a few Cultists who fight to the death! If the Cleric has Turning, even have the Cultists release the Zombies so he can get off his special ability while the Swashbuckler makes mincemeat of the Cultists.

Quote:
- Replace the armored golem swordsman with something easier
Reduce his Speed and Move to 1 and let him be dealt with either through slow wearing down, or just by retrapping in the room.

Quote:
- Remove toxifier/replace with something easier
If they have the capacity to affect him (maybe a Cultist earlier had a Charged Scroll of Affect Spirits if the Cleric doesn't have the spell), don't worry about it. Also I'd limit it's damage to a maximum ceiling per "attack", like say 3 (so 1d/2). This makes it a danger, but not undefeatable. Also, it should be lurking on the ceiling when they enter the Lab...

Quote:
- Tone down Merle's ranged attack (see below)
That works. And if they let it go, it makes for a nice recurring villain later.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote