View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 02:53 AM   #3
Almenac

Default Re: Modifying I Smell A Rat for two PC's (Swashbuckler and Cleric)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
The peshkali one – definitely! I've recently run the adventure for 3 players and even with reduced skill, the demon was a meat grinder. Her number of attacks is the largest threat.

The runes could also be a glory moment for the cleric (let him exorcise them)… still, they could be just an alarm that alerts whatever creature guards the room.

About the golem, as terrifying as it is, I like the idea of a strong, dangerous, but Move 2 opponent. Maybe just reduce it's armor and take away the Extra Life?
Thank you!

I didn't know you could exorcise the runes. If that's the case, that changes things up a little. It read like a unavoidable trap and I thought it's pretty unreasonable. Maybe I'll let cleric do the exorcising or modify it so that it can be bypassed by breaking the runes etc.

The golem: yeah, the move makes it more manageable. But I don't necessarily like puzzle opponents you have basically only one way of beating. Which in this case is probably Swashbuckler aiming for chinks in the armor with -10. If I keep it I'll probably straight up hint that trying to beat through the DR is pointless and you should try targeting weak spots.
Almenac is offline   Reply With Quote