View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Jeminai

Default SM, Is it relative?

If I am an SM 0 human trying to punch a sprite (SM -6) I understand that I have a -6 to my skill. Is this because of the size of the target or the relative size of the target?

For instance, if the sprite was trying to punch me back does he automatically have a +6 to hit me, or is he at modifier 0.? If he gets in a fist fight with another sprite does he have any penalties to hit.

If the ruling is that SM is relative, is it always relative? What if the sprite is trying to use a cross bow to hit another sprite. Are the rules the same for ranged attacks?

If SM is relative then I have a -6 to hit the sprite and the sprite is +6 to hit me.

If SM is just a generic, flat representation of size and is not relative then the sprite would be at no penalty to hit me at all (or bonus for that matter)

Last example (and why this came up at all) If I am a human trying to hit a house (Let's call it SM+5) with my club, I am +5 to my skill to hit the house. If a Giant comes along (SM +3) with his club, is he at a +5 to hit the same house or at +2?