View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 03:27 PM   #92
Culture20

Default Re: GURPS - Your Licensed Product Wishlist

Arcanum, Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
A great computer rpg with a rich in-game history and interesting balance of tech versus magic.
The magic system is slightly GURPSy with fatigue cost and powerstones, although the powerstones/staves/etc all recharge at the same rate in the game.
The technology is TL0-5, approaching TL6, and was once TL7^ or higher.
Magic is based on will changing the laws of physics, and technology acts as a sort of physical-law stabilizer, reducing magic effectiveness.
I know there are several homebrew GURPS Arcanums, but an official one with art, and maybe even a music score would be neat.

Ultima / Akalabeth
I have a campaign I used which was essentially alternate Ultima IV; there are still small clusters of other species around, and the Stranger never returned to become the Avatar of the Virtues. People eventually stopped trying to succeed at that goal, and the shrines see varying levels of use.
The magic system in various Ultima games use many different types of symbol tracing, syntactic magic, scrolls, and alchemy. Many TL surprises too.

Unfortunately for both, getting rights from video game companies might be harder than other media companies, as TTRPGs might be seen more as direct competitors.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote